Instrument & Control (I&C) Engineer
SHINE is immediately seeking an Instrument and Control (I&C) Engineer who will be responsible for leadership and support in the areas of instrumentation and control system integration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing, developing, modifying and reviewing nuclear instrumentation and digital and analog control system designs, including distributed control systems, programmable logic controllers, and data acquisition systems.
- Preparing and performing verification and validation of controller software to industry standards.
- Reviewing documents developed by internal and subcontracted organizations to provide or verify I&C requirements.
- Interfacing with equipment suppliers to provide specified equipment for the future SHINE medical isotope production facility.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in engineering, operations, maintenance or equivalent in a highly regulated environment.
- A range of experiences in other areas of I&C design, radiation monitoring and health physics, or electrical engineering is a plus.
Eligibility for employment is conditioned on the applicant’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations. Additionally, applicants’ eligibility may be conditioned based upon meeting the Nuclear Regulatory Commission requirements for access to Safeguards Information, which typically requires a pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.
SHINE values diversity in all its forms as a critical component of innovation, which is fundamental to our success. Every member of the SHINE community benefits from the talents and experiences of our peers, from the mutual respect we exercise, and from the responsibility we take for our actions.
To learn more about the SHINE organization and what makes us different, please connect with our story out on our website. You will find out that SHINE will be turning Nuclear weapons into medicine and many other significant impacts to our world - http://shinemed.com/shine-story/
In addition, to learn more about our location, check out the video on the Janesville, Wisconsin area by clicking the following link: https://player.vimeo.com/video/161628827